Grit Control on Polished Concrete Floors:
Controlling grit is crucial to maintaining the attractive appearance of your visual concrete flooring. The best way to control grit is simply by using walk-off mats. Recommended mats have a high friction open surface designed to knock off the bottom of shoes and then trap the particles. Ideally, mats should be used at every entrance and should be as wide as the doorway and approximately 5' - 6' long. Walk-off mats designed for exterior doorways are the most desired.
Daily Concrete Floor Maintenance:
1. Dust mop or sweep.
2. Damp mop using a mild detergent cleaner
General Concrete Floor Maintenance:
1. Dust mop or sweep (dust mopping is most effective).
2. Clean concrete floor using a cotton mop and mild cleaner, according to label instructions.
3. For a matt to low gloss finish, apply one coat of Deco Finish or equal with a lambs-wool pad or cotton mop.
4. If a high gloss is desired, spray buff or high speed sprayed buff using Deco Finish or equal with a white or burnishing pad. If less gloss is required, use an aqua pad.
Long-Term /Re-Coating Maintenance:
Frequency of this maintenance will depend on traffic and low or high usage of the floor.
1. Heavy usage (i.e. Shopping mall traffic, airport, hotel etc.) a once a month program is desired.
2. Medium usage (retail store, restaurant, office building etc.) a re-coating every 3 - 4 months is desired.
3. Low usage (residential, low usage office etc.) approximately every 6 months is desired.
The Re-coating Procedure:
• Dust mop or sweep.
• Deep scrub floor using mild detergent cleaner.
• Apply 1 - 2 coats of Deco Finish or equal using a lambs-wool applicator or rayon mop. Allow 30 - 45 minutes drying time between coats.
• If high polished gloss is required, burnish with a white pad 24 hours later.
Floors should be kept clear of standing water, or contaminants, which could cause slippage.